We offer under one roof all state-of-the-art services that can be done today for the clarification of thyroid function, nodule and cyst formation:
- Thyroid ultrasound (serves to determine the size and structure of the thyroid gland and the formation of nodules and cysts)
- Thyroid scan (measurement of the activity of the thyroid gland)
- Thyroid- and endocrine parameters: TSH, fT3, fT4, TPO-AK, TG-AK, TRAK, TG, Calcitonin, Parathormon, Vitamin D, u.a.
- Radioiodine therapy (to eliminate hyperactivity/reduce thyroid gland size)
- Thyroid biopsy (ultrasound-guided fine needle capillary cytology is standard, wash-out techniques for parathyroid hormone, thyroglobine)
In addition, we also offer other diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, which are only performed in a few specialist thyroid centres throughout Europe:
- Thyroid biopsy (core needle biopsy) may be necessary if a “normal” puncture is not conclusive.
- Molecular biological examinations (we take puncture material for a closer examination of a nodule diagnosed with “follicular neoplasia” and organize the logistics for the genetic processing of the material in the US. Thus, many patients can be helped with this cytological diagnosis, which routinely leads to surgery (and which produces a benign result in about 80-85% of cases). If the molecular findings are appropriate, such a procedure is no longer necessary.
- Alcohol ablation of cystic nodules (out-patient sclerotherapy of thyroid cysts or mixed cystic nodules with alcohol)
- Radiofrequency ablation of thyroid nodules (outpatient therapy for significant reduction of suitable thyroid nodules or thyroid cysts as an alternative to surgery (see special service: RFA)
Patient report: we mail the findings to the patient (also by email) and doctor (via doctor email “DAME”) within 2-3 working days.
For first-time introductions: please bring preliminary findings with you if possible
On the day of the exam:
- breakfast can be taken normally
- do not take thyroid medication
- other medications should be taken